14A- Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency.

Throughout this semester, I have developed behaviors to keep up with the requirements of the course. One of the things I do is to make sure to set aside two days of the week for this class. One of the days I do the assignments for the week and the other day I watch the lectures, take the quiz, and comment on the posts of peers. Also, I try to read over the assignments in advance to prepare for how long they will take me. When I'm working on these assignments I do my best to think outside of the box so that I can answer the questions in the best way possible. 

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. 

Earlier this semester I had a week where I had two exams and three assignments for this class. I thought about not doing one of the assignments because I had to prioritize studying. It would've been easy to not do the assignment because at the beginning of that week I wasn't feeling motivated for school due to personal reasons. I pushed through and ended up getting everything done even if I didn't get much sleep that week. I thought about my future and how getting this done is one step closer to reaching my goals. This thought pulled me through. I feel that the in last two months I have developed a tenacious attitude to push through when things aren't going how I would like. 


3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' 

1. Think about the big picture. If you focus on the end goal it becomes easier to push through and get tasks done. 

2. Focus on finding a way to improve on each assignment so that the tenacious mindset can be embedded in your brain. 

3. Make being disciplined a priority in your life. If we can avoid procrastination, it's easier to develop a tenacious mindset because it comes naturally with discipline. 



Image result for keep pushing

Comments

  1. Hi Felipe,
    I really like how you manage your time for this course and i also like that you give your best in each assignment. It is great that you got things done even when you had a lot to do and when you where not motivated a lot. It happens the same to me sometimes I do not feel like do in it but there is no better feeling than when you get everything done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A- Venture Concept No.2

26A- Celebrating Failure

4A- Forming an Opportunity Belief