30A- Final Reflection

1.  Throughout this semester, I have experienced feelings ranging from satisfaction to regret in this class. When we first made the "bug list" I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a solid idea. It was once we had to narrow it down to one business concept for the rest of the semester that I began to struggle. I had come up with a bunch of ideas in the list but I didn't think any of them were good enough.  As the semester went on, I gained more confidence in the idea after doing different assignments. The hardest assignment for me was "Figuring Out Buying Behavior". Since my concept is based on selling self-scanners to retailers, it's a business-to-business deal. It was difficult to find people to interview that could provide meaningful information about the buying behavior in this industry. The best part for me was pushing myself to come up with something that could differentiate my product from what is on the market. At first, my concept was more about selling an idea because the product itself didn't have anything that made it stand out.

2.  The most formative experience for me was coming up with the idea to add a robotic arm to my concept. At first, I couldn't think of anything to make my product stand out. I had a vision of having self-scanners at every register and eliminating the cashier position, but my product was missing something that would make the retailers buy mine over competing scanners. The robotic arm feature is an innovative idea that I think would make my scanner the leading product in the minds of consumers. This was the most formative because it proved to me that I could come up with an idea to keep the concept alive when faced with adversity and I'll remember it years later. This is also the experience I am most proud of from my time in this class. The experience that made me most joyous was when I interviewed the people closest to me about their opinion on my business concept because it felt good to get feedback from the people closest to me.

3.  I have definitely moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset. My end goal has always been to own a business after getting years of experience to learn the industry. This class has pushed me to learn more about what it takes to be an entrepreneur  and how to develop the mindset it takes to be successful. I can see myself being an entrepreneur in the future and I hope to dabble in different industries until I find the one I'm most passionate and successful in.

4. If I could give one recommendation to students who are taking this class in the future it would be to do your assignments ahead of time. Procrastinating in this class is the last thing you want to do. It's easy to push this class off to the side when you have a hard test coming up for another class, but that mindset could be detrimental to your grade. I recommend students to set aside 2 days of the week to dedicate to this class, one day for assignments and the other for lectures and quizzes. This requires discipline and students should think of their end goal to keep them pushing forward.

Getting Started - Entrepreneurship Resources @ Pitt - LibGuides at ...

Comments

  1. Hi Felipe,
    I also had a hard time with many of the interviews, because my service is not something that everyone uses. I also agree that I have more of an entrepreneurial mindset after this course because I realized that business ideas can come from everyday problems and there are so many small ways to grow your business. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Felipe, I enjoyed reading your final reflection and definitely agree with a majority of the feelings you have felt throughout the semester. I too believe that procrastination is a huge object in the way of success in this class, and it is important to set time aside to complete your assignments. It is great to hear that this class has pushed you further toward the entrepreneurial mindset, and I wish you lots of future success! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A- Venture Concept No.2

26A- Celebrating Failure

4A- Forming an Opportunity Belief